Giving Film a Chance.

After about a year of trying, I have failed to get good looking black-and-white images from my digital workflow. With that in mind, I recently bought my first 35mm film camera in years, a Canonet GIII QL17 rangefinder. Unfortunately, that camera had a stuck shutter release and stripped light seals, so I bought another one. The second was also plagued by issues, this time related to the pressure plate scratching film. Yet, the few rolls of film I put through these cameras were enough to convince me that even C41 B&W film (Ilford XP2) developed and scanned at Costco had more of the look I have been pursuing than I can get out of my Canon 5D and Alien Skin Exposure. Here's a shot of my son Oliver off the first roll. He was so excited to meet Santa while my wife was shopping for a purse =).


The issues finding a good Canonet prompted me to look elsewhere. I considered buying a Bessa R3A with a Nokton 40/1.4, but that's just a little more than I'd like to spend on a film camera right now. Although I enjoyed the rangefinder experience with the Canonets, the most cost-effective way for me to go with film right now was the SLR route. I already own a few nice lenses for the Olympus OM system (purchased for use via adapter on the Canon 5D), so I went ahead and purchased the Olympus OM 2n film SLR camera.


My new camera should be here soon. Hopefully I will have better luck with this purchase!

Posted by Amin

 
Copyright 2007 | Andreas08v2 by GeckoandFly and TemplatesForYou | Design by Andreas Viklund
TFY Burajiru