InfraRed Modified Ricoh GX100

Reynandi Susanto has successfully modified a GX100 for infrared photography. The process, as he described it:

I removed the internal hot mirror filter and recalibrate the auto focus. By doing this, I don't need to have long exposure and bring a tripod for IR shoots. Then I use the hood, 43-52mm step up ring, and 52mm ir filter hoya r72 and a red colour filter. I'm going to order a Tiffen or bw hot mirror filter so I will be able to use the gx100 for taking normal pictures, but no rush at all.

Here are two of Reynandi's photographs using the IR+visible-converted GX100:







Note that this type of mod will void any warranty and carries a risk of electric shock if done improperly, even without the battery in place.

I've seen a number of IR and IR+visible modded compacts, but this is the first Ricoh. To learn more about IR photography and camera modification, see Life Pixel or LDP Net (MaxMax).

Go to Reynandi's deviantART page to see more of his work, including additional IR photography.

Posted by Amin

Recent Posts

 
Copyright 2007 | Andreas08v2 by GeckoandFly and TemplatesForYou | Design by Andreas Viklund
TFY Burajiru