Update on the Sigma DP2 - Olympus E-P1 Shootout

As some of you know, Sigma has been kind enough to loan me a DP2 for some time now. The DP series is truly unique with only the recently announced Leica X1 presenting a similarly specified competitor in this class.

I had hoped to obtain an Olympus E-P1 and 17mm kit for a direct shootout with the Sigma DP2, and Olympus had assured me that I would have a kit available by the end of August. Unfortunately they don't yet have one for us, and I don't want to keep folks waiting any longer. Therefore I'll be doing a shootout based review of the Sigma DP2 using other cameras for comparison, namely the Panasonic GH1 with M. Zuiko 17/2.8, Ricoh GRD III, and Nikon D5000. If I can get an Canon S90 before the GRD III has to go back to Japan, I'll do a separate shootout between those two exciting compacts.

Posted by Amin

 
Copyright 2007 | Andreas08v2 by GeckoandFly and TemplatesForYou | Design by Andreas Viklund
TFY Burajiru